zondag 15 augustus 2010

Strange fears

I have these strange fears, one fear for example is a fear of dogs. This fear has been put to a test recently, because the closest place where I can go running in the morning is also the place where people can take their dogs for a walk without a line. So while I’m running I keep having to pass these dogs and every time I see a dog I get this feeling that maybe this dog will come run towards me and bite me. Today I passed two people who had three dogs walking with them and one of these dogs was very big. I almost couldn’t pass them because together they took all the space in the path. I looked at the big dog and then I saw he had a little toy with him. The toy he was carrying along was a small fat baby pig. This funny sight made me realize that maybe this dog didn’t have any intention of attacking me. Along the way I met another dog. From a distance I could hear him barking very loud, but when I came closer I saw it was just a small dog together with an old man who smiled very friendly at me. Maybe again I was wrong in being afraid. The next dog I met was very angry, because his boss had just thrown away a piece of old bread that he had been playing with. He barked loudly, jumped around angry and then came running my direction... I was afraid that maybe this dog would take out his anger on me, but luckily he just ran past me and he didn’t even look at me…Reflecting on this, I come to the conclusion that maybe these dogs aren’t really that interested in me and that probably they have no intention of biting me, and that maybe I shouldn’t take my fear all that seriously, but still my morning running remains a challenge…:-)

More on the topic of fear soon…

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten