zaterdag 28 augustus 2010

From Amsterdam with love

Isn't it supposed to be summer in August?

Biking through the city on a rainy day can be depressing, but if you start looking around it can also become very amusing. You see people passing by soaking wet, tanden op elkaar en blik op oneindig, guys wearing their work clothes and raincoats with shorts (I even saw a businessman wearing slippers under his fancy clothes), people struggling to keep their umbrella from being blown away, some very unhappy faces, but also some smiles.


This week my rain pants let me down. It was a very heavy day of rain and I already noticed that the water was coming through my rain  pants 5 minutes after I started biking, but then I still had 35 more minutes to go. While biking I was trying to decide if I would leave my bike somewhere and take a tram, or if I would just continue. I choose the last and at the time a reached my work my pants, shoes and socks were completely wet. I was lucky I could borrow socks from one of the lady’s at the shelter were I work, pantoffels/slippers from my boss, and a linen paints from a friend who lives close to my work. I looked a little funny at my work though because the pantoffels were deep red with white spots, but I was happy I was dry again.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten