donderdag 5 augustus 2010

Sparrow

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink: or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who by worrying can add a single hour to his life? (Matthew 6:25-27)

"Worry is like a rocking chair... it gives you something to do bu it doesn't get you anywhere."
Dororty Galyean

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength."
Corrie ten Boom

"You'll break the worry habit the day you decide you can meet and master the worst that can happen to you"
Arnold Glasgow

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened"
Wiston Churchill

"It ain't no use putting up your umbrella till it rains"
Alice Cladwell Rice

Indeed the very hairs of your head ar all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Luke 12:7

(Just a small anecdote; while writing this last verse just now I heard the noice of a bird on my balcony. Normally the only birds visiting my balcony are pigeons and they poop all over my balcony :-(, but this bird didn't sound like a pigeon, so I decided to take a look... and it was... a sparrow...)

1 opmerking: