zondag 8 augustus 2010

Alexandro

This little boy has stolen my heart. His name is Alexandro and we visited him and his mother during an outreach with Gypsy Children in Greece. His mother lives next to the small church belonging to the Gypsy community and he is one of her three children. I learned that he is often sick, but that his parents have no money to give him antibiotics. The days before I met him, he had just been very sick, but he was now recovering. His father is an alcoholic and this creates different problems. We took the time to pray for them in their little house. Our group leader told me that his mother mostly leaves him tied up in his stroller, because having around three children is too much for her. Alex therefore hardly gets the chance to just crawl around and play a little.
 What struck me in this little child was the joy I could see in his eyes. When I would bend over to look at him, talk to him or to touch him, he would become very happy. He would even throw around his arms in the air moving them back in forward in happiness when we would give him some attention. Despite his circumstances there was still so much trust and happiness in this child. It makes me sad to know what his future will be, knowing that they have no money for his medical care and knowing that his father is an alcoholic. I hope Alex’s joyful spirit will not be broken by his circumstances. I’m happy his house is next to the church and I hope there will be people around to love him and to tell him about God’s love for him. I pray that God will have a hold on his young life and that He will protect him and take care of him.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten