zondag 10 oktober 2010

living water


They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
Jeremiah 2:13b

I wonder if this applies to the rich world today, including the church, including me…The picture comes to mind of a person sitting in a prison cell. He fills his cell with self manufactured toys he can play with. God wants to help him to go out of his cell into the world where he can enjoy real life and where he will be free, but he is so occupied with his toys that he doesn’t even notice and when he does notice he becomes afraid that God will take away his toys and will leave him alone with nothing in an empty prison cell.

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live.
Isaiah 55:1-3b

… many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life
John 6: 66-68

Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4: 13,14

You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
Revelation 4: 17,18

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10b

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten